Being in a traffic mishap in Los Angeles can be devastating, especially when you have sustained significant injuries and eventual losses. California has a fault-based system for car accidents. If the other party is liable for the circumstances, you can take legal action against them. While nothing can undo the damage and hurt, money can come in handy for grappling with financial challenges. Ideally, you should contact a firm today to learn about your case. In this post, let’s discuss the five indispensable things a car accident lawyer can do for you.
- They can evaluate the damages. Before you can start the negotiations, you need to determine what the damages are worth, which can be a challenge without knowledge or experience. An accident lawyer can help evaluate your losses based on the extent of your injuries. They will also consider aspects like lost wages, emotional trauma, and mental anguish you had to deal with because of the accident.
- They can investigate the crash. When many parties are involved, or there is no clarity on who is responsible for a car accident, a detailed investigation is necessary. While the other party and the insurance company will do their share of the work, your lawyer will gather evidence to strengthen your claim. Without a lawyer, you may not have the resources for that.
- They can gather other details. From a copy of the policy report to witness statements and other relevant info, your lawyer’s job is to ensure that your case has merit. The process of discovery is essential before things move forward, and everything will become even more critical if you decide to file a lawsuit.
- They can negotiate with the claims adjuster. You may want to believe the insurance company will make a fair offer, but that is unlikely. Remember the claims adjuster is here to underplay your claim, and no matter what they do, you cannot trust their words. When you hire a lawyer, they are responsible for further communication.
- They will take care of courtroom arguments. Car accident cases in LA don’t usually need a trial, but there are exceptions. You need an attorney ready for a courtroom battle if necessary. They will present your case, advocate for your interests, and fetch the settlement you deserve.
There is no one way of handling a car accident claim, and it is always prudent to let an attorney take care of the process.